Plus: March F.O.T.M.C. Unboxing

6:41 pm Anna Cho 4 Comments



Lovely surprise waiting for me when I came back from school today! My March Fandom of the Month Club box in the mailbox, just waiting to be opened :) Unfortunately, I had to wait a few hours because I was in class, but here it is now.

Fandom of the Month Club is a monthly subscription box that sends you fandom related jewelry! Each month is a different theme- such as Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, Divergent, etc. When I first found out subscription boxes existed, the Lord of the Rings box just came out so I missed it :(. Each box is thirteen dollars USD. 

In total, I've received three boxes: My first was Death Eaters (yay!), my second was Alice in Wonderland (pretty cool), and finally, heroes (meh). So let's get started with the March box!



^Me, having my limits of patience tested in order to take a pretty photo.

This box was a little bigger than any of the past boxes I've received. Right when you open it, there's this cute little definition of fandom (which you can see if you look closely enough). Each month comes with a colourful postcard (number 73 in my 13-month-old collection!)



Sitting right at the top THERE'S A MAGNET. AND IT'S PRETTY. And since I'm utterly pathetic, and heroes isn't really my kind of fandom, I have no idea what the picture is of. BUT IT'S PRETTY, SO THAT'S WHAT MATTERS. But I'd actually really appreciate if you'd tell me what it's of in the comments :D



And here's what the little lilac-wrapped bundle looks like. It's messier than usual, but I can imagine they must have a hard time wrapping it nicely for all the orders.



Our first jewelry item here is a silver cuff, with a web pattern and a Spiderman charm dangling off it. It's a big large for my arm, but it's cute. And it jangles when I walk.



Fandom of the Month Club always gives you a cute little pouch by Sandsink along with it. This version is plainer than the past ones, with bold words and no colour, but it matches well with my pants LOL (hey, thinking on the bright side, right?)



Next up are Captain America earrings. The pattern and shield is quite bold (colour, I like that), but to be honest these are something I'd never actually wear. First off, I'm not such a fan of big heavy earrings, and second, they feel kind of cheap. If you look closely you can see a little bit of plastic peeling off and scratches on the surface. 

And can you believe it? These earrings are also studs- I always thought these earrings were the type with the huge hook at the back.



This month's necklace is a lovely little arc reactor on a chain (I only know what it's called because of Instagram- guilty). It's pretty cool, and on the back, it's not plain metal, but there's tiny lines crisscrossing to make it look like a flower or something cool. <- Probably not intentional, but I felt like adding that.



AND IT GLOWS IN THE DARK! Green!



My favourite item is the last one pulled out- Thor's hammer on a ring. Sadly, it's the only item I really like among this month's jewelry, but then again, I'm not a huge fan of heroes. 



So that's it for this month's March Fandom of the Month Club box! Overall, I'm not impressed, but the past two month's boxes I received (Death Eaters and Alice in Wonderland) were definitely worth it so go check their website out! And lastly, here's a full photo of the box :)



The March box: 2 out of 5 stars, but normally I'd give it a 4 out of 5.

4 comments :

  1. This is SOOO cool!! I love the earrings and the rings the most♥

    Jumana @ Books by Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knowwww :D it's the last box I'm getting and I have zero knowledge of heroes but it's pretty cool. The ring was awesome, just not the earrings so much.

      Delete
  2. The picture is Loki from Thor. Do you watch superhero movies and Tv shows? Your fandom sign when you opened the box is similar to the Avengers sign. Cute earrings :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH THAT'S LOKI? Thanks. I tried watching Thor once, but I kind of got sidetracked and I stopped it a quarter through without any knowledge of what was going on, so I'm utterly clueless haha. And I never realized the part of the fandom postcard- when I opened it, I was like, 'okay, cool, but what does the art have to do with heroes?' I don't really watch (not at all, actually) superhero movies and TV shows, so like I said, the most I know about heroes is that Spiderman's real name is Peter Parker- something that everyone knows.

      Delete